Mozart Meets Haydn
Serenades & Strings Quartets
Saturday, May 21, 2011
CONCERT BEGINS AT 8:00 PM (FREE PRE-CONCERT TALK AT 7:00 PM)
- Mozart: Divertimento for Strings in D major, K 136 (125a) "Salzburg Symphony No. 1"
- Haydn: Three Divertimentos (Trios) from Hob. V:
- No. 20 in G major
- No. 7 in A major
- No. 11 in E flat major
- Mozart: Four Church Sonatas for Organ and Strings:
- No. 1 in E flat major, K 67 (41h)
- No. 2 in B-flat major, K 68 (41i)
- No. 3 in D major, K 69 (41k)
- No. 4 in D major, K 144 (124a)
- Haydn: "Russian" String Quartet in C major "The Bird", Op. 33 No. 3 (Hob. III, No 39)
- Mozart: "Haydn" String Quartet No. 19 in C major "Dissonance," K 465
New Trinity Baroque musicians go Classical, presenting divertimentos, sonatas and string quartets by two of the greatest Classical composers - Mozart and Haydn, who knew each other and even played together in a string quartet.
This final concert of NTB's 2011/12 season, played on period instruments of the time, will feature amazing music by the composers that defined the Classical era! The program will include Haydn's String Quartet "The Bird" from his famous Op. 33, which inspired mozart to write his famous "Haydn" Quartets, and among them String Quartet "Dissonance" which will also featured at teh concert. Other selections include Mozart's Church Sonatas and Divertimento in D, as well as Haydn's early Trios (Divertimentos) from Hob. V.